It’s time to relax. Many of our customers are seasonal residents or business travelers who need complete peace of mind while they are away. Our home watch inspections provide peace of mind through scheduled inspections on your vacant property while you are away. During the inspections, we are looking at the overall condition of the home for various problems, including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and other items that could become major expenses if not found early. Our goal is to find leaks, pests or mold before they grow!
Although our home inspection checklist is designed to cover the important aspects of your home, it can easily be customized to meet the needs of our clients. If there is a need for us to inspect your home at a certain time, on a certain day; we will do everything in our power to meet that need.
Should the inspection uncover a problem, Torres Home Watch will immediately notify our client to discuss options to address the concern.
- Look house over from top to bottom, left to right to see overall aspect of house condition.
- Exterior visual checks looking for obvious issues from the roof down to include screens, landscaping, lawn, pests, pool, AC unit, outdoor kitchens and other outdoor appliances.
- Check pool water level and pool equipment for obvious leaks.
- Remove mail, newspapers, flyers, and other vacant home identifiers.
- Temporarily disarm security system for home watch inspection.
- Check home temperature and humidity.
- Visual checks for signs of mildew, mold, and water damage; the number one threat to vacant home owners.
- Check security of all doors and windows either physically or visually if unable to access.
- Cycle sink & shower water, flush n brush toilets, and check garbage disposal
- Visually inspect for signs of rodents/insect infestations.
- Check closets, pantries, and cabinets.
- Check appliances, refrigerator, freezers for proper temperatures/operations.
- Check garage, garage doors, and garbage cans.
- Lock the door and arm security system if appropriate